Tuesday, June 18, 2024

A Tribute To Jogging





 A Tribute To Jogging


The image of a man in jog does not necessarily imply ease.

One sees and many likely conclude, look how easily he does it.

But in reality it is likely never that facile, from one who does it.


One starts with constricted breaths and leaden feet.

And indeed after a few rounds, the body responds .

With wakened feet responding to quickened cadence.


Breaths kick in with more depth, inducing a bit of euphoria.

And then just as quickly the end of the exercise nears.

The now-heated body pours out profuse sweating to cool.


Feet feeling rubbery, disposing one to quicken pace.

As one heroic attempt to shorten the agony of the run.

One digs deeper for stray breaths, lumbering to the end.


The winding-down process then begins in earnest.

One's pulse starts to slow as the body again responds.

A few minutes later, one lets out a huge sigh of relief.


And one moves on to the chores of the day.

The physical regimen set aside for the moment.

To be initiated again the following day.


4 comments:

  1. Hello, I was curious to know if you were still updating the Neri Family Tree or would be open to answer some questions. I was in the process of researching my maternal grandparents and was frustrated to not find any information. I did a quick google of my father's side out of curiosity and found a slew of information. I did not have a relationship with my father but I found myself in his intricate family tree. The first site that popped up was called Tanjay? I found my parents name along with my own and my sibling. The birth dates were way off. According to that page I am a century old. I am very much a millennial, but they also included information from your blog and I saw hand drawn family tree. Would you be open to communicate over email? I am not sure where you are located.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, it seems we may be distantly related? According to your blog my grandfather/father came from the Graciano Line. I'm very confused and would appreciate any information.
    I would write my name here but after my father passed I was harassed by someone looking for information on some property that I know nothing of. I do not reside in the Philippines and as mentioned did not have a relationship with my father. This individual found my cousin on my maternal side and pushed to talk to us. This was very uncomfortable and hence my request to speak over email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://theignatianperspective.blogspot.com/search?q=Neri+Genealogy

    These are all the blog entries I have made over the many years I have been tracing this genealogy. Everything I know then are all written down under these entries.

    Thus, the best path to take would be to first go over all these, and pay particular attention to not only names but other relevant data associated with the names like spouses, since same names are typically replicated in succeeding generations.

    And these are updated as new information are forwarded and verified to be reasonably true. Maybe then more communication would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I guess I’m looking for a point of contact? Someone who can tell me more. Would you know anyone who can explain the Faustino Neri family line?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. Your comments are appreciated.