Sunday, April 09, 2023

Quest for Childlike Innocence

 

Quest for Childlike Innocence

 

 

When the cares of the world threaten to overwhelm,

how nice it would be to be lost in a children's playground

nestled comfortably in the midst of any nowhere.

 

What could compare with the playful innocence of a child?

 let loose with the swings and see-saws of yore?

Untethered from the constricting cares of adulthood.

 

Swinging to and fro with the carefree ease of the wind.

Or climbing hither and thither, the worldly cares too distant.

Exchanging somber silence with innocent lively giggles.

 

Oh, to be a child again, lost in the embrace of youth.

Innocent and wild as the fairy nymphs in books.

Yet loved and treasured by all hither and yonder.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I am not sure if I am on the correct thread to for this comment. This was the most recent post so I wanted to post here to make sure my comment was not lost. I found this site after researching my father’s side of the family. My last name was Neri and i did find my name added to the detailed family tree. I do not know who created that and I am also shocked to find not only my name but my sibling’s name was added to it as well. I have a lot of questions and I was wondering if I could be directed to someone who will be able or willing to answer them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are in the right place. And your complete name is?

      Delete
  2. Hello, I apologize that this is an overdue reply. I was contemplating if I wanted to even know more about my father. I am not comfortable disclosing my name in a public forum. Could we correspond through email?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. Your comments are appreciated.