Saturday, June 28, 2008

More From The Ancient Department


Ronson lighters were the Roll Royce of their times, when smoking of cigarettes was considered "cool" for both men and women. Well-crafted, dependable, and a bit pricey, especially compared to matches.

And to extend one's "coolness" to the bathroom, Ronson also made electric shaver products, fit for the coolest of smokers and a gift fitting for the gentleman who had everything.

This yeoman's facial hair remover was in the hands of most adult males in the mornings. Sturdy, convenient, and durable. Replacement for replaceable blades was easy to secure.

Another sturdy product of youth. A heavy cast-iron hulk of a two-hole puncher, weighing at least three pounds. Could double up as weapon against pesky officemates.

For the consummate devotee of orderly and neat office paper files, a small paper cutter able to fit easily on any table top.

6 comments:

  1. Hey that's my Dad's razor. first one I ever used hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what do you know. Inherited this from my father, too. Though I had used a similar one when facial hair started showing. Then graduated to his Ronson electric razor which I also inherited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...And you still have these products why? You got your own private Smithsonian going on there man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But, Phil, they still all work!

    Seriously, consider me your inveterate packrat, unable to throw anything useful or of value unless I run out of space to store.

    Also, I suppose I try to invest intrinsic values on things old and ancient. Values that probably are meaningful only to me. Thus, I collect old coins, old books, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My name is Amanda and I'm working as a segment producer for an upcoming tv show with Positive Living Productions. I would like to feature some of the images you have on this page. Email me and I can tell you more about the project. acupido1234@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahahhaahahah i have the lighter in the first image

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. Your comments are appreciated.